Section 508 Compliance
Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 requires Federal agencies to ensure that their procurement of electronic and information technology takes into account the needs of all users, including people with disabilities. KYOCERA Document Solutions America recognizes the responsibility and commitment to provide products that meet the needs of everyone, regardless of disability or challenge. To meet the requirements of Section 508, Kyocera evaluates each of its products through a rigorous assessment process. Kyocera is currently addressing Section 508 compliance by providing Voluntary Product Accessibility Templates (VPAT's) for all existing products, as well as developing and deploying new products that comply with Section 508 provisions. Kyocera Printers and Multifunctional Products (MFPs) incorporate a Universal Design Concept to assist users to meet virtually any challenge in utilizing our devices to the fullest capability.
Below are just a few features that help to demonstrate Kyocera's commitment to meeting Section 508 compliance.
- Universal Design Concept allows products to be accessible to most users
- Audible sounds (beeps) can be enabled at the control panel for the vision-impaired
- Paper drawers are designed so little force (less than 5 lbs. pressure) is required to open and close
- Paper drawers have handles that can be grasped on top or bottom for effortless access
- Easy to use touch-screen interface and raised hard keys on the control panel for the vision-impaired
- Accessibility Mode on select MFPs allows for the touch-screen (copy/send screens only) to be enlarged for easier reading
- Adjustable control panels on select MFPs provide better positioning for any user
- High contrast text and light-up indicators on devices for easier recognition and viewing
We hope that this information is helpful and demonstrates our commitment to meeting the Section 508 requirements for people with disabilities and all other end-users.
Where to Buy
Find an Authorized Dealer
Help Me Decide
What functions are you looking for?